Re: trivial net connection logs - ?

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 08:28:28AM +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> Hi gents
>
> I must have gone blind cause can't find it in man page and to my surprise
> internet search does not help or my quering is broken.
> 'systemctl' can show status for specific NM connection - what was that? -
> and can 'journalctl' do the same? (or was it the opposite way?)

  There's no such integration, although there are some options:

  - `nmcli`, and `nmcli c` in particualar, native NM tool to manage
    connections

  - `networkctl` can show information about interface, including the
    ones managed by NM

  - NM put some additional fields in journal, you can filter on them
    with for example `journalctl NM_DEVICE=wlp61s0`; to see more fields use
    something like:
    `journalctl -u NetworkManager -o export | grep ^NM_`

  - some distribution (Arch?) have a generator creating a instance unit
    for each interface, but I do not know specifics

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
tomek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev