Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: [systemd‑devel] How to find out the processes systemd‑shutdown is waiting for?

On 04/03/2022 07:20, Ulrich Windl wrote:
Docker traditionally has not followed any of our documented ways to
You are implying that "our documented ways" is a definitive standard?

cgroups is a THIRD PARTY to both Docker and systemd. If Docker doesn't document what they're doing, how is systemd to know how to avoid stepping on their toes?

interact with cgroups, even though they were made aware of them, not
sure why, I think some systemd hate plays a role there. I am not sure
if this has changed, but please contact Docker if you have issues with
Docker, they have to fix their stuff themselves, we cannot work around
it.

The problem with systemnd (people) is that they try to establish new standards
outside of systemd.

The problem with NIH is it makes working with (all) linux distros a pain. ESPECIALLY when they consider "doesn't work with systemd" a feature. ESPECIALLY when they adhere to the - all too common, sadly - mantra "Always see in others your own worst faults".

Eg one systemd standard I find EXTREMELY useful, even if it is trivial ... "store the system name in /etc/hostname". I first met that before even Linux was born! The number of times I've struggled to find the local hostname because the *nix I was using shoved it in all sorts of strange places ...

Cheers,
Wol