Syntax check for a new service?

Is there any way to get a plain syntax check of a potential new service file?

I currently check it by installing, reloading, and enabling, and then getting a status check where I see the service isn't running and I see multiple messages:

     [in black text]*:N: Missing '='
     [in red text]*:N: Failed to parse sec value, ignoring: always

I can include my current file if you'd like.

I'm running Debian Buster (10) fully updated.

Thanks.

-Tom