[RFC] systemd-resolved: Send d-bus signal after DNS resolution

Hello,

I’m reaching out to the community to gather feedback about a feature to broadcast a d-bus signal notification from systemd-resolved when a DNS query is completed. The message would contain information about the query and IP addresses received from the DNS server.

This could be used by applications for auditing/logging services downstream of the resolver, or to update the firewall on the system.

I’m not familiar with how the code is written to be able to determine the feasibility of this approach, or if there is a better way to accomplish this. I welcome suggestions for this feature.

Thanks,

Suraj