Re: Strange behavior of socket activation units

On Mo, 07.02.22 09:01, Tuukka Pasanen (pasanen.tuukka@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello,
> I have encountered this kind of problem. This particularly is MariaDB 10.6
> installation to Debian.
> Nearly every application that is restarted/started dies on:
>

> Failed to get properties: Unit name mariadb-extra@.socket is missing the
> instance name.
> Failed to get properties: Unit name mariadb@.socket is missing the instance
> name.
>

> This is kind of strange as those are for multi target version and should not
> be launched if I don't have mariadb@something.service added or make
> specified systemctl enable mariadb@something.socker which I haven't.
> They don't show up in dependencies of mariadb.service or other service file?

My educated guess is that some script specific to mariadb in debian
assumes that you only run templated instances of mariadb, and if you
don#t things break. Plese work with the mariadb people at Debian to
figure this out, there's nothing much we can do from systemd upstream
about that.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin