Re: Launching script that needs network before suspend

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 2:01 PM Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On So, 23.01.22 22:13, Tomáš Hnyk (tomashnyk@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello,
> I have my computer hooked up to an AVR that runs my home cinema and ideally
> I would like the computer to turn off the AVR when I turn it off or suspend
> it. The only way to do this is over network and I wrote a simple script that
> does just that. Hooking it to shutdown was quite easy using network.target
> that is defined when shutting down.
>

> I am struggling to make it work with suspend though. When I look at the
> logs, terminating network seems to be the first thing that happens when
> suspend is invoked.

That shouldn't happen. Normally networking shouldn't be shut down
during suspend. If your network management solution does this
explicitly, I am puzzled, why it would do that.

NetworkManager does that, especially for Wi-Fi; I don't remember the rationale though. (It uses systemd's delay inhibitors.)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas