Re: Authenticated Boot: dm-integrity modes

> Seeing as it's a /home/user image I'd agree with you. If it's a rootfs,
then that image needs to guarantee that the file-system hasn't been
altered outside its own purview.

Agreed

> The only thing I don't understand is why layering dm-integrity in a loop
device on top of dm-integrity on a real disk should necessarily hammer
write performance. I can understand it chewing up ram cache and cpu, but
it shouldn't magnify real writes that much.

Well a write in the mounted home dir = 2 writes to the loopback file,
and a write to the loopback file is 2 writes to the block device. Thus
a write to the home dir is 4 writes to the block device. Am I
mistaken?

Regards,
Adrian