Re: Ordering services issue. Trying to start ptp4l in bonding setup fails as bonding appears to take a while.

Hey Andrei,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 1:51 PM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01.12.2021 17:20, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm on embedded imx8 mm platform and trying to order services such that
> ptp4l (LinuxPTP) is started after a bond is created between two DSA network
> interfaces on my Microchip Ethernet Switch.
>
> No matter what I try with BindsTo, Wants=, Requires=, Before=, After=, when
> the board boots and I watch the console output I see systemd start the
> ptp4l service before the bond is actually up which results in ptp4l failing
> to start.

...>
> Is it also possible to use carrier state in .service file?

I do not think it is possible. I have seen similar request (possibility to
initiate action when interface is up) more than once, but so far nothing
happened.

... I was afraid you were going to say something like that ;).

Bummed out,

Brian