Re: Networking in a systemd-nspawn container

> I have been wondering: Would it be possible to forward the containers
> resolver to the host machine resolver somehow?

On my laptop's host system, I set NetworkManager to use dnsmasq as the DNS server. I added a config file snippet to that dnsmasq so it also listens on my bridge interface (which has a static IP address, and the containers are on the same internal network with it and are using it as their default route). Then I set the resolver in my containers to use the IP from the host side of the bridge as their DNS.

Of course this is not a thing that I imagine systemd-nspawn would do all by itself. It feels too complicated. I think the feature exists in its current form because it was simple to implement and would cover maybe 85% of the use cases.

But then again, could systemd-nspawn and systemd-resolved somehow be made to work in tandem to provide an automagical solution?