Re: 回复: Is it possible to send a string to the journal of one specific systemd unit

If you have root privileges (i.e. UID 0), then yes, you can send a journal message with the "OBJECT_SYSTEMD_UNIT=myservice.service" field and journalctl will automatically look for that.

In C, specify the field when calling sd_journal_sendv(); in bash you can use `logger --journal`:

(echo "OBJECT_SYSTEMD_UNIT=sshd.service";
 echo "MESSAGE=Hello world!") | sudo logger --journal

Saying we have a systemd unit named "myservice".

we can use journalctl -u myservice to inspect the logs generated by myservice.

But is there a way to insert one string from command-line into myservice's journal so that it can be seen by journalctl -u myservice later?

--
Mantas Mikulėnas