Re: fstab automount of a mdns samba share

W dniu 27.09.2021 o 16:38, François Cami pisze:
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 4:05 PM Julian Sikorski <belegdol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi list,

I am trying to set up an automount of my samba share. It works when I go
by the IP address, i.e.

//192.168.0.220/julian /mnt/openmediavault    cifs
credentials=/home/julas/.credentials,uid=julas,gid=julas,vers=3.1.1,nobrl,auto
0 0

If this is in fstab, it's different from autofs/automount.
Try adding _netdev to mount options.

François

Yes, this is in fstab. _netdev has helped, thanks! Would you mind explaining why it was not required when the IP address was being used? Network is needed either way.

Julian

but if I try to replace the IP address with odroidxu4.local, the mount
will fail at boot. It appears that mdns is not working at the time the
mount is attempted as running mount -a afterwards works just fine. What
would be the proper way of setting this up? Thanks!

Best regards,
Julian