Re: Filter/Parse NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT Messages

(Added list back again)

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 1:55 PM Ryan McClue <re.mcclue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you for the response Mantas.
If I change the nl_groups to 2, it prints libudev a handle of times and I then get a segfault.
In regards to this picking up all devices: if I add/remove my Bose speakers connected with a stereo jack cable, this does not appear in the messages. Can this be detected?

Speakers aren't seen as a standalone device (the audio jack is really just an audio jack, not a device bus). You should be able detect when speakers are connected, but you'll do this through audio mixer events from ALSA (I'm not sure how PulseAudio does it, but something /dev/snd/control*), or alternatively through evdev (there's a /dev/input/event* node which produces SW_HEADPHONE_INSERT) – but not through device uevents.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas