Re: How does journald talks to other services?

Got it.
What do we mean by "indexing" of logs for faster lookup? , Journlad does this
I have seen this word in docs but no clear explanation, is it related to addition of timestamp, process_name, log_priority (info,debug...) to the log messages ?

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021 at 11:54, Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Di, 24.08.21 09:11, Nishant Nayan (nayan.nishant2000@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> So what are the cases where syslog forwards logs to journal?
> Is there a case where both journal and syslog end up sending same logs to
> each other ( like a cycle ) resulting in duplicate logs?

systemd does not pick up messages from another syslog service, only from
syslog clients. Thus, there is no loop.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin