Alais for SMTP providers

I just finished adding a custom service to send an email on system shutdown/startup, based on this article:

<https://askubuntu.com/questions/851946/send-me-an-email-on-computer-shutdown>

I ended up coding an After for postfix.service so the mail would get get delivered before the system shut down. I'd like to be able to use the same unit file on older systems that use sendmail, and I know there are other packages that provide SMTP and local mail. So it would be desirable to have an Alias for those services. I'm using CentOS 8 (7 on older systems). Is this perhaps already present in a newer commit? Is there a registry for well-known aliases for package writers?