Re: rghvk@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lennart,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, we are running systemd inside the docker. We were also able to see the same issue even on top of Centos 7.9.

Attaching the kernel and OS details of the centos host

# uname -r
3.10.0-1160.25.1.el7.x86_64

# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

Regards,
Aravindhan Krishnan...

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 22:24, Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mo, 07.06.21 21:26, Aravindhan Krishnan (aravindhank11@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am finding anomalous behavior when I am trying to run dhclient process
> inside my docker container in vanilla Ubuntu 16.04 host. The service gets
> into "deactivating" state and is stuck forever. In the mail I have attached
> a minimalistic reproduction of the issue seen.

Are you running systemd inside of a Docker container on Ubuntu 16.04?

Docker isn't really up to that. In particular not 5y old versions of it.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin