Re: permanent autologin

Silvio Knizek wrote:

> your path is wrong. You want the following:
>
> /etc/systemd/system/getty@tty1.service.d/10-autologin.conf

I don't have that file or even directory, but I can put it
there manually, of course.

> Do you need this auto login for debug reasons (than maybe
> debug- shell.service is better suited), do you want to start
> a terminal 1application (than maybe use a normal .service
> with TTYPath), or do you start graphical applications (use
> a login manager with auto login instead)?

I have it setupt like this [1] so that

Linux VT   1 -> Emacs
         2-4 -> tmux
           5 -> (do nothing)
           6 -> X

I don't really "need" auto login, it is more like I want it :)

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zprofile

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal