Re: .local searches not working

Silvio Knizek writes:

> So in fact your network is not standard conform. You have to define
> .local as search and routing domain in the configuration of sd-
> resolved.

Interesting... so what are you supposed to name your local, private
domains?  I believe Microsoft used to ( or still do? ) recommend using
.local to name your domain if you don't have a public domain name, so
surely I'm not the first person to run into this?  Why does
systemd-resolved not fall back to DNS if it can't first resolve the name
using mDNS?  That appears to be allowed by the RFC.