Re: Looking for known memory leaks triggered by stress testing add/remove/up/down interfaces

On Mo, 22.02.21 06:22, Robert P. J. Day (rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>   well, we seem to have isolated the issue, here it is in a nutshell
> based on a condensed note i got from someone who tracked it down this
> weekend. the memory leak is triggered by:
>
>   $ ssh root@<target> -p 830 -s netconf   [830 = netconf over SSH]
>
> long story short, according to jemalloc profiling, there is a massive
> memory leak in DBUS code, to the tune of about 500M/day on a running
> system. i'm perusing the profiling output now, but does any of this
> sound even remotely familiar to anyone? i realize that's just a
> summary, but does anyone remember seeing something related to this
> once upon a time? [heavily-patched systemd_230 from wind river linux
> 9].

On really old kernels we didn#t get reliable notification of cgroup
empty events, hence .scope units would stick around on login sessions
under some conditions. We added workarounds later on for that. But
seriously, this is so long ago... no idea.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin