Re: systemd-resolved auto configure DNS server changed?

On Sa, 20.02.21 07:02, Ed Greshko (ed.greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > > Link 2 (enp1s0)
> > > Current Scopes: LLMNR/IPv4 LLMNR/IPv6
> > >       Protocols: -DefaultRoute +LLMNR -mDNS -DNSOverTLS DNSSEC=no/unsupported
> > >
> > > So, now my question, why wasn't the dnsmasq server found/configured as had been the case?
> > > An intentional change or unintentional change?
> > I am not sure which software manages that interface, but it would be
> > worth figuring that out, and then checking whether it propagated that
> > DNS info to resolved.
> >

> Well, I determined that in both the systemd-246.6-3 and systemd-246.10-1 cases (the only changes made)
> the same Router Solicitation and Router Advertisement occur.
>
> So, the only conclusion that I can come to is that something changed between the two versions of
> systemd which results in the Recursive DNS Server option being ignored.
>
> Would you consider this a candidate for a bug report against systemd?

Which software manages that interface? systemd-networkd?
NetworkManager? Something else?

Figure out which software actually listens to those RA messages and
then propagates it to resolved. And then figure out why it does that,
i.e. whether it was configured that way.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin