Re: timesyncd log messages galore

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 6:07 PM Ede Wolf <listac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks. Indeed, stopping radvd made these messages stop appearing.
Now I am no IPv6 guru, but having routeradvertisments is not too
uncommon, to the best of my knowledge.

RAs shouldn't be extremely frequent. An hour is a common interval for periodic RAs -- certainly not minutes or seconds.

OTOH, I am not seeing any such messages on any of my IPv6 hosts using timesyncd. There is a burst of "network changed" messages on boot, presumably in response to bridges and tunnels being set up, but the daemon stays quiet afterwards. Currently it has recorded 1.988s total CPU usage after 12 days of uptime.

So the punchline is, that timesynd is not really usable with ipv6
networks? Am I getting that correct?

No, sounds more like it's just not really usable with *your* IPv6 network.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas