Re: service runs - but it's not really there

Am 29.01.21 um 16:27 schrieb lejeczek:
I think I found it, in my opinion a very cheeky bastard - syncthing - who does this:

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

which results in:

-> $ llr /etc/systemd/user/default.target.wants/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 39 Jan 26 10:39 syncthing.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/user/syncthing.service

So those of you on RHEL and derivatives (I assume that same rpm goes to all those) - suffices to install "syncthing" an you have your "roor" does as above and if you are not aware then the "root" does that with you not even knowing.

As a matter of sharing opinions - is that a good & healthy practice to make & distribute packages like that?

what is your problem?

it's an ordinary user session and not some mystery of "root does as above"

RTFM https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx instead talking about "very cheeky bastard - syncthin"
I doubt I can explain or express it any better, If you do not get it it's fine
there is nothing to explain - you found something you don't understand and see a not existing issue

either read manuals or ignore it - but move on