Re: SystemD dependency problem

Am 22.12.20 um 12:17 schrieb Ronald Wimmer:
On a server running OL 7.9 with SystemD 219 we have a custom SystemD service we have something like

[Unit]
Requires=network.target docker.service

[Service]
Restart=always
RestartSec=10
TimeoutSec=300
WorkingDirectory=/data/someapplication
ExecStartPre=<pull a docker image>
ExecStart=<docker-compose up>
ExecStop=<docker-compose stop>
ExecStopPost=<docker-compose down>

[Install]
WantedBy=network-online.target

which does not work. This service leads do several other services (rsyslogd, docker, network-online.target, ...) to be stuck in "start waiting".

My question is why? Is there any obvious misconfiguration in the service above I am too blind to see?

I would highly appreciate any hints!

besides that you lack any After/Before you really don't want to be a service part of "network-online.target" unless you really know what you are doing

too much other stuff depends on networking and with "docker.service" which pretty sure itself depends on networking you create a cycle

- WantedBy=network-online.target
+ WantedBy=multi-user.target