Re: Udev rules on reboot

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 3:49 PM Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sa, 19.12.20 15:37, Adi Ml (maladi1747@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I see. so if I have a rule against a certain usb in udev, it should be
> blocked automatically during the boot.

Hmm, "blocked"? What do you mean by that? I am not following...

I suspect they mean something like ATTR{authorized}="0", which tells the kernel to completely ignore that USB device.

(Though it's more common to set authorized_default=0 on all hubs, then allow only trusted devices, like USBGuard does.)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas