Re: [udev] Scanner rule not applied during boot

W dniu 20.10.2020 o 20:05, Lennart Poettering pisze:
On Di, 20.10.20 18:47, Marcin Kocur (marcin2006@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I don't how how this uaccess tag works, but I can assume that my scanner
which is libsane_matched (as set by
/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/49-sane.rules) gets ACL permission added somewhere
later thanks to this uaccess tag.

The question is if it works on manual trigger, why doesn't on boot time?
Devices that are marked with "uaccess" get an ACL installed that
always points to the user who owns the foreground session. This should
be applied whenever you log in or switch foreground session.

If this doesn't work at login time there must be something borked with
your display manager, or possibly systemd-logind.

Which systemd version is this? Which distro? Which display manager?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin

Lennart,

I'm using outdated lxdm with Xfce.

I just disabled lxmd, copied fresh /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc to ~/.xinitrc (adding my environment exec command there) and started my environment from startx: ACLs didn't change.

~/.xinitrc runs:
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/50-systemd-user.sh
#!/bin/sh

systemctl --user import-environment DISPLAY XAUTHORITY

if command -v dbus-update-activation-environment >/dev/null 2>&1; then
    dbus-update-activation-environment DISPLAY XAUTHORITY

fi

Those variables are:
[mk@linux ~]$ echo $DISPLAY
:0.0
[mk@linux ~]$ echo $XAUTHORITY

/home/mk/.Xauthority

I also tried out SDDM login manager: ACLs weren't applied.

My software is:
systemd: 246.6-1
linux: 5.8.14.arch1-1
sane: 1.0.31-1