Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: Memory in systemctl status

Am 30.09.20 um 09:11 schrieb Ulrich Windl:
>> httpd don't use 8.7 GB RAM - period
>
> Are you really sure about that?

1000% sure

even if one makes the mistake and multiply the shared opcache of 400 MB
with the count of worker processes we won't exceed 4500 MB

> I haven't checked apache recently, but years
> ago, static content was memory-mapped for performance reasons.

and you think that mapping is forever long after the request is finished
or even unconditional?

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/core.html#enablemmap

however, the config fro at least a decade:

EnableSendFile On
EnableMMAP Off