RebootWatchdogSec does not configure hardware watchdog timeout for reboots correctly

After following this

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-system.conf.html I tried to configure the hardware watchdog for reboots.

I made the following changes to systemd configurations.

# cat /etc/systemd/system.conf.d/99-watchdog.conf
[Manager]
RuntimeWatchdogSec=8s
RebootWatchdogSec=10min

Even though I have set RebootWatchdogSec to 10min, but after the reboot fails and system is halted, Timeout occurs in around 2 minutes

and system restarts.

Is this expected? if no, how can i fix this.

Thanks

Regards,
Hafiz Abdul Karim
Senior Software Development Engineer | Mentor Embedded Linux
Mentor, A Siemens Business
6th Floor Ali Tower M. M. Alam Road Gulberg III Lahore Pakistan, 54660
HafizAbdul_karim@xxxxxxxxxx  | office: +92-42-3609-9202 | cell: +92-334-5099746