Re: Cannot nspawn raspbian 10

On Mi, 09.09.20 14:20, chiasa.men (chiasa.men@xxxxxx) wrote:

> (cf. https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/16975)
>
> Testscript:
> wget https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_lite_armhf_latest -o r.zip
> unzip r.zip
> LOOP=$(losetup --show -Pf *raspios-buster-armhf-lite.img)
> mount ${LOOP}p2 /mnt
> mount ${LOOP}p1 /mnt/boot
> systemd-nspawn --bind /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static --boot --directory=/mnt

My educated guess is that we call some syscall/ioctl qemu doesn't know
about, and cannot implement properly. You probably have to do some
manual tracing and then tell the qemu people about this so that they
can add the syscall/translation stubs to that.

i.e. I am pretty sure this will turn out to be something to fix in
qemu, not in systemd.

We had that before btw, and qemu addressed this quickly to my
knowledge.

Try booting up systemd.log_level=debug on the nspawn cmdline, to get
more verbose output. But output will generally suck if this is really
just a syscall/ioctl translation issue, you need to know what are you
doing if you want to track that down.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin