systemd-encrypt is a little painful

Hi guys,

After making https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh3jkIENmAM I'm thinking the install process could be a lot smoother if:

somehow systemd could do the initramfs, i.e. take over mkinitcpio's hook role

I don't understand why sd-encrypt can't autodiscover the cryto_LUKS root partition. Appending a line like:
options rw rd.luks.name=device-UUID=cryptroot root=/dev/mapper/cryptroot

is fraught with error and frustration!!

Furthermore if you get the above line wrong, the emergency systemd shell appears completely useless. There is the 1m30s timeout that I can never escape, and the emergency shell is confusing and not fit for purpose in the sense of correcting the /dev/mapper/cryptroot address.

If these should be new issues or perhaps they are issues already, then do let me know.
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues?q=sd-encrypt

Sidenote: would be cool if a basic en.network could be generated.

Perhaps this is all done already in Fedora? haha, I use Arch btw.

Thank you,