Re: Using timedatectl on a readonly rootfile system using mender

This is the link:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/8277

Regards,
Shravan Singh
(239) 243-0838

Blue Sparq, Inc.
928 NE 24th Lane unit 4 and 5.
Cape Coral, FL 33993

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:00 PM Dave Howorth <systemd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 21:32:19 +0200
Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fr, 04.09.20 14:10, Shravan Singh (shravan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > Hello Lennart,
> >
> > Can you help me in understanding why this push was rejected?
> > *Make timedatectl nicely work with read-only filesystems #8277 *
>
> The explanation is in the PR comments.

Would either of you care to provide a link to the actual text you're
referring to, for people reading who are not intimately associated with
the code?

I can see why read-only rootfs might be desirable, and in an age of
mobile computing I can see why mutable timezones might also be
desirable.