Shut down system after all sshd instances terminate

Hi,

After following
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/socket-activated-containers.html
which details how to set up a socket activated container, I'm looking
into ways to have the container automatically shut down when the last
ssh connection terminates.

My idea was to have each sshd instance take an inhibitor lock (the
blocking kind) that prevents poweroff and make each sshd instance pull
in poweroff.target. The problem is that the inhibitor documentation
mentions that poweroff operations will fail if a blocking inhibitor
lock is taken. For this to work, I need poweroff.target to wait
indefinitely until all locks are released. Is this possible at the
moment?

Any other suggestions on how to achieve this are appreciated as well.

Cheers,

Daan