Re: fuse-sshfs and x-systemd.automount

On So, 16.08.20 17:35, Reindl Harald (h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> i just want the same behavior as if i would mount the fuse-mounpoint as
> user but without typing "mount /mnt/arrakis"
>
> * fuse-mount as the user specified by "uid=,gid="
> * not readable for other users
> * just the identical behavior
> * but aitomatically by *use* the mountpoint

Well, systemd only establishes system mounts for you, i.e. we always
invoke the "mount" binary as root with root's context. This is
important since mounts can be pulled in by many users, and we only
activate once, and thus must expose same beaviour in all cases.

if you invoke the mount binary from user context depending on the
backend it might use some parts of ther calling user's context for
stuff. which then is different from system context.

The fact that systemd guarantees a clean, well defined execution
context for system services as well as everything else it invokes,
without parts of client context leaking into it is actually one of the
design goals and features of systemd.

Hence sorry, but we simply don't support what you are trying to do:
all mounts systemd established will come from system context and will
be disconnected from the client's context, and we think that's a good
thing, not a bad thing.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin