Re: How to disable seccomp in systemd-nspawn?

On Sa, 15.08.20 13:33, Steve Dodd (steved424@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 16:53, Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > > We implement a system call allow list, i.e. everything that isn't
> >
> [..]
>
> > You might need a newer libseccomp so that the syscall is actually
> > known by it. openat2 is a very recent syscall addition, and you need
> > to update libseccomp in lockstep if you want it to grok it.
> >

> I've just been bitten by this - last time I looked into a similar problem,
> it seemed the calling code was confused by getting EPERM instead of ENOSYS.
> Could we distinguish between these two cases and generate the right error
> code? It would save a lot of aggro when working with containers..

Which error to return is a bit of a bikeshedding thing.

We return EPERM because this is about sandboxing for us, i.e. access
control. And we want to communicate that correctly to payloads, so we
say so.

ENOSYS would be something we'd return if we'd pretend that something
isn't available even though it is.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin