Re: Upstreaming systemd patch

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 8:51 AM Amit anand <amit.table@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Not able to create pull request to systemd, permission denied to my github user credentials.

While creating pull request,
git push --set-upstream origin <systemd_branch1>
1. Entered github username
2. Entered github passwd
getting below error message for my github username.
remote: Permission to systemd/systemd.git denied to <my github username>
fatal : unable to access 'https://github.com/systemd/systemd.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

Pull requests are usually made from your own personal repository. Use Github's "Fork" feature to get a writable copy of the repository, then `git remote add` its URL and push there.

For example:

git remote add fork https://github.com/<yourname>/systemd
git push -u fork <systemd_branch1>

--