Running scripts after networkd has done its things

I'm trying to be a good boy and migrate as much functionality as I can to networkd.

I'm happy with how networkd manages "internal" and "external" interfaces and vlans for just setting up IPv4 addresses, but I still find support for IPv6 to be woefully inadequate, at least for my environment; netfilter/ipfilter support is also too rudimentary. What would be the "correct" (whatever that means!) way to run scripts after networkd has finished coming up, and before it has started going down? Essentially, I want to emulate the up/down feature of ifupdown.

Adding a service with
[Unit]
After=systemd-networkd-wait-online.service
Before=network.target
#more stuff

seems to do the trick, but maybe it's affecting the rest of the networking systemd dependencies in ways that will come and bite me later.

FWIW, this is on Debian Buster (10) on intel hardware, with:
$ systemd --version
systemd 241 (241)
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS
+KMOD -IDN2 +IDN -PCRE2 default-hierarchy=hybrid

Thanks,

/ji