Re: Child of daemon sending SIGCHLD to systemd

On 6/29/20 2:00 PM, Vito Caputo wrote:
I don't know about freecusd, but if it uses a fire-and-forget approach
to launching helpers, as in it double-forks, so it doesn't need to
bother with asynchronously reaping zombies, then the second fork
becomes a child of init.  That results in the second forked child
becoming a child of init, sending SIGCHLD to init on exit.

Nope, it reaps its own children (usually in response to catching a
SIGCHLD).

(freecusd itself does double-fork at startup, as it was written back in
the pre-systemd CentOS 6 days, but I'm pretty sure that's not what
you're talking about.)