Antw: [EXT] workaround for systemd-networkd-wait-online boot fail/delay on systems with bridge for v234? (fix @ systemd/issues/2154 requires v>242)

<17564_1590886971_5ED3023B_17564_3296_1_2c12c084-2b9c-9f29-db69-cc2ce3c90d89@gma
l.com>:

> On this distro, upstream refuses to upgrade systemd; apparently for them its
> 'non trivial' and they can't be bothered.  AND, they've a new 'stable'
> version coming out AnyDayNow(tm), Leap 15.2, for which apparently systemd
> will REMAIN at broken-like-this^^ v234.

I don't know the details, but with the linear "version scale" of developing systemd, each new "version" is a mix of bug fixes and new features, some maybe causing incompatibilities. So to avoid surprises OpenSUSE may be  very conservative.

( For most of my personal projects I switched to a three-level I.F.B versioning scheme (I=Incompatible, F=Feature, B=Bug-fix). So an increase of "I" signals that programs users may have to change things to keep the program working, while an increase of "F" indicates there are new features ready to use, and an increase of "B" means there are bugs fixed (maybe in a way the user does not like)...)

Regards,
Ulrich