IPv6 dhcp-acquired prefix delegation?

I am running systemd v241, the one that comes with debian-10.

Is the following scenario possible natively (that is, without using a standalone dhcpv6 client)?

  • My residential ISP will normally hand me a /64, but will give me a /56 if I ask for it. While technically not a statically-allocated prefix, it changes very rarely: I had had the same prefix for over three years until I started experimenting with systemd-networkd and killed my old lease files.
  • I have several local vlans, and I want to give a different /64 to each one of them, but if the prefix I get from upstream changes, I want them to automatically renumber.
  • I'm perfectly happy relying on SLAAC for the local vlans, but I'm not against having to also run a dhcpv6 server to hand out addresses and things.
My previous solution, using ifupdown instead of systemd was this:
  1. dhcpv6 client with -P --prefix-len-hint 56, which gets the /56 and the default route.
  2. A script in /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/ that builds an /etc/radvd.conf file with bits 56-63 appropriately numbered, and then restarts radvd.
I have been totally unable to reproduce this behavior with pure networkd; in fact, I cannot even get a dhcpv6 session going. I do not want to rely on RAs from upstream, just DHCPv6. Here is a minimal .network file for the external interface ("ethwan")

[Match]
Name=ethwan

[Network]
DHCP=yes