Extend service runtime

Hi

I'm trying to accomplish the following:

An event happens -> I start a systemd service in response
  after RuntimeMaxSec is reached service terminates and cleans up event

Should a second event happen whilst RuntimeMaxSec is not yet reached the
 preference would be to reset RuntimeMaxSec of the service

Alternatively, I suppose I could shut down the service and restart it in reply to
a second or third or fourth event happening.

Any suggestions here?