Re: Systemd-resolved: --set-domains limited to 32 domains

On Di, 14.04.20 21:00, Tarun Chinmai Sekar (tsekar@xxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello Systemd-devel,
> I'm building a small project that runs a dns proxy that listens on a tun
> device, and I would like to redirect dns queries for some domains to be
> redirected to this proxy. I am currently running sytemd-237 on ubuntu
> 18.04. I am seeing a limitation where systemd-resolved doesn't read more
> than 32 domains, when passed by the --set-domain option, or when more than
> 32 domains are specified in the /etc/network/tun0.network file. Is this a
> known limitation? Are there any workarounds for this?

We enforce limits on all resources, it's a matter of writing safe
code. The 32 limit we took from thin air, because we had to use some
value. If this is too little for some application IRL then by all
means please file an issue on github to raise it, and we'll raise
it. Even better, post a PR for it on github, if you actually want it
done soon.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin