Re: systemd-makefs with very slight data corruption ?

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:31 AM Xogium <contact@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am wondering about how to best implement a mechanism to recreate a specific
filesystem in case of the slightest data corruption done to it.

I am not sure if there is a built-in method to do what you are asking, but I think you could
use a drop-in to do it. Simply use a drop-in to add a requires/after into systemd-makefs
for a service of your own. Your service would do whatever checks you want and, if
necessary, wipe out the file system altogether, which would then trigger systemd-makefs
to rebuild it.

You would, of course, need to be careful to write your service intelligently enough to avoid
wiping out file systems you care to keep around...

..Ch:W..