Re: systemd-detect-virt API

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 1:34 PM Pavla Kratochvilova <pkratoch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Is there any API for systemd-detect-virt that would provide a way to call it from a c++ code?

I need to detect if running in container and "systemd-detect-virt -c" gets the job done, but I don't want to call the shell command. I haven't found any good way, but maybe I am missing something.

I think the only other option is to make a DBus call to systemd – read the "org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.Virtualization" property at /org/freedesktop/systemd1.

(This would also avoid permission problems in case any detection methods require root.)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas