Antw: Re: Q: "Start request repeated too quickly." for dependency

>>> Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 13.01.2020 um 09:35
in
wrote:

>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a oneshot service (say "G") that creates some files if missing, and

> some other sevices (say A B C) that have a dependency on G.
>> Now if services A B C start quickly in succession, I get a failure because
> fails to start (as it seems).
>> The log says "G: Start request repeated too quickly.". (Actual start
> requests aren't logged, however, or I could not find those)
>>
>> Is there any setting to tell systemd that it's OK to start the oneshot
> service quickly?
>
> StartLimitIntervalSec= + StartLimitBurst= in the [Unit] section
> configure how often a service can be started within a specific
> time‑frame. See systemd.unit(5) for more info.

OK, thanks!

> If you want G to start only once for all three, then just set
> RemainAfterExit=yes in G, which has the effect that the oneshot
> service stays active after it completed so that it is only started
> once for all three instead of three times, once for each.

No, I want it to be started each time (the service handles concurrency
correctly), because there could be weeks between start of A, B and C, also (and
lot of things could have changed since G was started the last time).

Regards,
Ulrich