Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Binary changed since start

>>> Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 11.12.2019 um 12:00
in
wrote:

>> Nachricht <f9fd7d75‑a59e‑7aed‑8942‑7c0de4d95cc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> [...]
>> > Well. This specifically may be doable by checking if any file open by
>> > process is marked deleted, but would not work if the file was just
>> > rewritten...
>>
>> Did you ever try to overwrite a dynmically loaded file? I doubt it
>> is possible for obvious reasons.
>
> Your package manager does that all the time. It's possible and common
> case.

Seems you are all MS-Windows guys: If the package manager would overwrite
existing files, there'd be no reason to restart any process. What the package
manager does is to unlink the name from the inode and then recreate a new inode
assigning the same name. If you don't understand this difference, you don't
understand how UNIX works. I'm kind of shocked to read such nonsense in this
list.

Regards,
Ulrich