Unexpected behaviour not noticed by systemctl command

Hi guys

Just lately ran into a fumble. I was trying to stop and disable a
service and I typed in:

systemctl stop --now example.service

The service duly stopped but wasn't disabled because the --now switch
is only applicable on the disable/enable/mask commands

However, shouldn't it be good practice to produce a warning or an
error when a switch is used that has no effect?

Do you think it would be worth me writing a bug report for it?

Thank you for systemd

Andy