Re: user slice changes for uid ranges

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 5:03 PM Stijn De Weirdt <stijn.deweirdt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi all,

i'm looking for an "easy" way to set resource limits on a group of users.

we are lucky enough that this group of users is within a (although
large) high enough range, so a range of uids is ok for us.

generating a user-<uid>.slice file for every user (or symlink them or
whatever) looks a bit cumbersome, and probably not really performance
friendly if the range is in eg 100k (possible) uids.

e.g. if this range was 100k-200k, i was more looking for a way to do
e.g. user-1XXXXX.slice or user-100000:200000.slice

As far as I know there isn't a good systemd-native method for this, but you can dynamically set slice parameters during PAM processing, as in this blog post:

--
Mantas Mikulėnas