Re: Empty /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu directory post reboot

Hello Tarana.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:17:51PM +0000, " TARANA, YASHASHVI " <yashashvi.tarana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I noticed that, once,  after reboot, the directory /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu
> was empty.
The directories for indvidual cgroups are only created based on demand
(the directory path suggests you use the legacy or hybrid hierarchy).
Any unit which requires some of the CPU controller functionality will
trigger building of the hierarchy. By contrast, if there is no such
unit, systemd will not bother creating the directories for the CPU
hierarchy.

> However, after rebooting again, it once again had the original
> contents.
It seems that the latter boot must have started a unit that wasn't
active before and that required the CPU controller.

HTH,
Michal