Re: How to only allow service to start when network-online.target is met?

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 5:53 PM Dom Rodriguez <shymega@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I've got a service unit, which is linked to a timer unit, and I'd like to have
the behaviour associated with `Condition=` directives, but for targets. To
explain further, my desired expectation is for the service unit to *only* start
when the target is active. Ideally, I don't want the service unit to fail
either, but have similar behaviour with `Condition=`, which doesn't mark the
unit as failed, but merely not meeting condition(s).

Have a service ordered after network-online which creates a flag file under /run, then use "ConditionPathExists=/run/already-online.flag".

--
Mantas Mikulėnas