Reduce loading time (size) of init program (systemd)

Dear systemd folks,

In his talk *Linux kernel fastboot on the way* at this years Linux
Plumbers Conference [1][2], Feng Tang (CCed) has the notes below on
the slide for userspace/systemd.

> • Systemd is ~1.5MB - the loading time for emmc is 100ms> • Can we use a small lightweight “init” program, which starts
>   target programs in parallel and readahead to preload libraries
>   and executables?

Are you already aware of these issues? If yes, have you ideas or
suggestions how to solve this? Maybe something to discuss at this
weeks All System Go! 2019.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/contributions/281/