Re: Watchdog problem

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 1:25 AM Chuck Wolber <chuckwolber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 10:41 Mikael Djurfeldt <mikael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, now I see what you meant by "override".

I set WatchdogSec=0 and got no complaints when reloading, so I guess this is how I disable the watchdog.
Indeed. But for future reference, keep in mind that not everything can be overridden. It looks like WatchdogSec is one that can be overridden, so you should be all set here.

When copying a whole unit file to /etc/systemd, everything that was in the original unit file can be overridden.

When using drop-in configs in a ".service.d/" directory, you cannot override dependencies (only append to them); most other options can still be overridden.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas