Antw: Re: Antw: failing unmounts during reboot

Nachricht <f8446dea-21f2-dc7a-8411-3ea6e4729c54@xxxxxxxxx>:
> [...]
161
> :
> in

>>> NFS

>>> In SLES12 SP4 (originally reported for SP3) I have:
>>> # Automatically generated by systemd-fstab-generator
>>>
>>> [Unit]
>>> SourcePath=/etc/fstab
>>> Documentation=man:fstab(5) man:systemd-fstab-generator(8)
>>> Before=remote-fs.target
>>>
>>> [Mount]
>>> What=server:/exports/home
>>> Where=/home
>>> Type=nfs
>>
>> Sorry I hit "send" too quickly:
>> That would mean the problem of not being unable to umnount /home is not
that
> the network is down, but that some process still has open  files on /home.
>>
>> However from the original problem report:
>>
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Host and Network Name Lookups.
>> 		 Stopping Name Service Cache Daemon...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Network.
>> 		 Stopping wicked managed network interfaces...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped Name Service Cache Daemon.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked managed network interfaces.
>> 		 Stopping wicked network nanny service...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped Check if the profile matches the system.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked network nanny service.
>> 		 Stopping wicked network management service daemon...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked network management service daemon.
>> 		 Stopping wicked DHCPv4 supplicant service...
>> 		 Stopping wicked AutoIPv4 supplicant service...
>> 		 Stopping wicked DHCPv6 supplicant service...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked DHCPv4 supplicant service.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked DHCPv6 supplicant service.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked AutoIPv4 supplicant service.
>> 		 Stopping D-Bus System Message Bus...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped SuSEfirewall2 phase 1.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped D-Bus System Message Bus.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Basic System.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Sockets.
>
> Stopping (or at least attempt to stop) /home should have happened before
> these lines.
>
>> ... I would call that a "network shutdown"...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Host and Network Name Lookups.
>> 		 Stopping Name Service Cache Daemon...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Network.
>> 		 Stopping wicked managed network interfaces...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped Name Service Cache Daemon.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked managed network interfaces.
>> 		 Stopping wicked network nanny service...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped Check if the profile matches the system.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked network nanny service.
>> 		 Stopping wicked network management service daemon...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked network management service daemon.
>> 		 Stopping wicked DHCPv4 supplicant service...
>> 		 Stopping wicked AutoIPv4 supplicant service...
>> 		 Stopping wicked DHCPv6 supplicant service...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked DHCPv4 supplicant service.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked DHCPv6 supplicant service.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped wicked AutoIPv4 supplicant service.
>> 		 Stopping D-Bus System Message Bus...
>> [  OK  ] Stopped SuSEfirewall2 phase 1.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped D-Bus System Message Bus.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Basic System.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped target Sockets.
>
> Do you really have identical lines second time in your log?

No, I guess it was a double-paste error on my side.

> You need to provide full "systemctl show home.mount" and complete log
> from boot to shutdown.

Well, it just looked too complex to me (complete logs maybe next time I boot:
Where=/home
What=server:/exports/home
Options=rw,relatime,vers=4.0,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,hard,proto=t
Type=nfs4
TimeoutUSec=1min 30s
ControlPID=0
DirectoryMode=0755
SloppyOptions=no
Result=success
Slice=system.slice
ControlGroup=/system.slice/home.mount
MemoryCurrent=18446744073709551615
CPUUsageNSec=18446744073709551615
TasksCurrent=0
Delegate=no
CPUAccounting=no
CPUShares=18446744073709551615
StartupCPUShares=18446744073709551615
CPUQuotaPerSecUSec=infinity
BlockIOAccounting=no
BlockIOWeight=18446744073709551615
StartupBlockIOWeight=18446744073709551615
MemoryAccounting=no
MemoryLimit=18446744073709551615
DevicePolicy=auto
TasksAccounting=yes
TasksMax=512
UMask=0022
LimitCPU=18446744073709551615
LimitFSIZE=18446744073709551615
LimitDATA=18446744073709551615
LimitSTACK=18446744073709551615
LimitCORE=18446744073709551615
LimitRSS=18446744073709551615
LimitNOFILE=4096
LimitAS=18446744073709551615
LimitNPROC=3490
LimitMEMLOCK=65536
LimitLOCKS=18446744073709551615
LimitSIGPENDING=3490
LimitMSGQUEUE=819200
LimitNICE=0
LimitRTPRIO=0
LimitRTTIME=18446744073709551615
OOMScoreAdjust=0
Nice=0
IOScheduling=0
CPUSchedulingPolicy=0
CPUSchedulingPriority=0
TimerSlackNSec=50000
CPUSchedulingResetOnFork=no
NonBlocking=no
StandardInput=null
StandardOutput=journal
StandardError=inherit
TTYReset=no
TTYVHangup=no
TTYVTDisallocate=no
SyslogPriority=30
SyslogLevelPrefix=yes
SyslogLevel=6
SyslogFacility=3
SecureBits=0
CapabilityBoundingSet=18446744073709551615
MountFlags=0
PrivateTmp=no
PrivateNetwork=no
PrivateDevices=no
ProtectHome=no
ProtectSystem=no
SameProcessGroup=yes
UtmpMode=init
IgnoreSIGPIPE=yes
NoNewPrivileges=no
SystemCallErrorNumber=0
RuntimeDirectoryMode=0755
KillMode=control-group
KillSignal=15
SendSIGKILL=yes
SendSIGHUP=no
Id=home.mount
Names=home.mount
Requires=-.mount system.slice
Wants=network-online.target
RequiredBy=remote-fs.target
Conflicts=umount.target
Before=remote-fs.target umount.target
After=nfs-server.service systemd-journald.socket system.slice network.target
rem
RequiresMountsFor=/
Documentation=man:fstab(5) man:systemd-fstab-generator(8)
Description=/home
LoadState=loaded
ActiveState=active
SubState=mounted
FragmentPath=/run/systemd/generator/home.mount
SourcePath=/etc/fstab
UnitFileState=bad
UnitFilePreset=disabled
InactiveExitTimestamp=Tue 2019-07-16 15:45:43 CEST
InactiveExitTimestampMonotonic=26902098
ActiveEnterTimestamp=Tue 2019-07-16 15:45:43 CEST
ActiveEnterTimestampMonotonic=26902098
ActiveExitTimestampMonotonic=0
InactiveEnterTimestampMonotonic=0
CanStart=yes
CanStop=yes
CanReload=yes
CanIsolate=no
StopWhenUnneeded=no
RefuseManualStart=no
RefuseManualStop=no
AllowIsolate=no
DefaultDependencies=yes
OnFailureJobMode=replace
IgnoreOnIsolate=yes
NeedDaemonReload=no
JobTimeoutUSec=0
JobRunningTimeoutUSec=0
JobTimeoutAction=none
ConditionResult=no
AssertResult=no
ConditionTimestampMonotonic=0
AssertTimestampMonotonic=0
Transient=no
NetClass=0

>> I don't see unmounting of /home at all. The unmount errors reported were:
>> [  OK  ] Unmounted Lock Directory.
>> [FAILED] Failed unmounting Runtime Directory.
>> 		 Unmounting /var...
>> [  OK  ] Unmounted /opt.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped File System Check on /dev/v04/opt.
>> [FAILED] Failed unmounting /var.
>> [  OK  ] Stopped File System Check on /dev/v04/var.
>> (The /var thing has different reasons)
>> [  OK  ] Stopped Remount Root and Kernel File Systems.
>> [  OK  ] Reached target Shutdown.
>> ...At this point nothing more happened...
>> Shutdown did not complete within two and a half minute.
>>

> And what evidence you have that it is related to /home not being unmounted?

It seemed to work smootely until I had a background process running that had
open files on /home